Welcome to the Online Wildcard Tournament of the Canadian Improv Games!
Registration opens: October 18th, 2017
Registration/ payment deadline: December 3rd, 2017
Video Submission deadline: February 10th, 2018
Finalist Announced: March 1st, 2018
WHAT IS THE ONLINE WILDCARD TOURNAMENT?
The Online Wildcard Tournament is an opportunity for registered Canadian Improv Games student teams from across Canada to perform the CIG events, receive feedback from CIG volunteers, and qualify for the National Tournament in Ottawa — but instead of performing your scenes live for our judges, you’ll submit a video of your performance online.
A panel of expert judges will evaluate all the videos, and the team with the highest scores will get to compete at the National Tournament! Also, our excellent, cross-country volunteers will provide your team with a written adjudication to help further develop the team’s skills.
- All the normal Canadian Improv Games rules apply: play four out of the five events (Theme and Life are mandatory), four minute time limit for all scenes, eight players maximum per team and no player substitutions between scenes, etc. For more information or clarification on the rules of the Canadian Improv Games, please consult the rulebook (http://improv.ca/rulebook/), read your Discovering the Moment Coaches Manual or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The suggestion for your Theme event is provided by us via a phone call or text message LIVE during your performance. All other suggestions for your scenes can be solicited from the audience as normal.
- The video has to be filmed in one continuous take, all events back-to-back, with no editing. For further details and tips about filming your improv, visit http://improv.ca/regions/online-tournament/web-tournament-details/
Please complete the registration form at the bottom of the page and select a payment method. Complete the registration form by 11:59 pm EST, December 3rd, 2017 in order to qualify for participation.
Send your registration fee ($120) to the Canadian Improv Games by December 3rd, 2017
- Cheque: Please mail a cheque (made out to Canadian Improv Games) to
Canadian Improv Games
634 Semlin Drive
- E-transfer: Email CIG’s General Manager at email@example.com to tell her that you will be sending payment by e-transfer. Include your school name and the password she will use to collect the e-transfer. You can then send the e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credit Card: If you would like to pay by credit card, please visit the Eventbrite link here:
*** Once you have registered, please connect with an Online Wildcard Assistant Coordinator by email to let them know your filming time and date so that they can get the theme to you live!
Eastern & Central Canada Online Wildcard Assistant Coordinator
Stepheny Hunter (email@example.com)
If your team is located in:
New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island
Western Canada Online Wildcard Assistant Coordinator
Mac Brock (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If your team is located in:
- Connect with the Online Wildcard Assistant Coordinator regarding the time and date of your filming.
- Film your performance.
- Upload your video to YouTube and submit a link to email@example.com by 11:59 pm EST, February 10, 2018.
- Receive feedback between February 25 – March 1, 2018!